Monday, August 9, 2004

Xanga Post No. 3: 08/09/04

To say my neighbors are "ghetto" would be a serious understatement. I mean does it get any more ghetto then a family of 4 (mom, dad, and I believe 2 daughters) where no one seems to work on a regular basis, who smokes weed openly on the regular, who are nosy as hell peeping into your house any chance they can get, keeps their front door wide open at night (what? no airconditioning?) and where the oldest daughter and her "boyfriend" make Whitney and Bobby Brown look like Helen and Tom Willis for all their bickering, fights and hollering. And is there anything more GHETTO then a female telling anyone to "suck their dick" as I've heard this teenager scream repeatedly at her "man" a few months back during one of their more infamous episodes. I mean, for a block as boring as mine, these 2 really make for must-see action!

I bring this all up because today was another drama-filled day for Christopher Avenue's cuddly twosome. Mind you, these 2 really do deserve each other as everytime they fight she locks herself in the house while yelling at him, only egging him on to acts that border on stupidity, much less lunacy.

So there I am an hour after coming in from the store when I hear a loud THUD in the front yard. I scramble to the window to see whats up and its him standing in their driveway throwing bricks at their house all the while screaming at her to give him back some "watch". My parrot's going berseck and of course, my pops is in Philly visiting my sister so I have to deal with this latest episode all by my lonesome. After waiting about 15 minutes and seeing him finally walk off and thinking everything is done for the day, a couple of hours later there he is again.....this time on TOP of the awning we share with our neighbors (how he climbed up there is something I'll never know) trying to get in their bathroom window where she was yelling at him from. Of course by now, more and more people on the block are just watching all of this not saying anything (Black folks are good for putting on "blinders" whenever necessary). And later on I guess when the parents finally got home, there they all were chasing down the boyfriend whose looking to fight with the dad whose kicking at the dude while being kept away by 2 dudes while the boyfriend is being yelled at by the "innocent" daughter while mom has a baseball bat in her hand ready to do God knows what......and later on some more "almost" fights, yelling, screaming, threats and by this point half the entire block is all watching collectively at these crazy nuts. Later on the cops came and some police reports were filled out....who knows whats gonna happen now, but I wouldnt be surprised if everything was back to being good in a week or so and our block's couple of the year was back to being lovey-dovey again. And did I mention the mom needing to walk thru my house because somehow they all were locked out? Of course, I deserve all of this for being 31 and still living at home with daddy, right? Yep, cant complain at all. I really need to get up out of here.....speaking of "get up out of here" congrats to my friend Kimberli (up in Canada) on FINALLY getting her own place today! Poor Simba's gonna have to be a watch cat now! Good Luck to ya both!

No comments: