Saturday, August 7, 2004

Xanga Post No. 2: 08/07/04

Didnt do much today except go down to the post office and spend an hour there mailing out some records to Australia for a guy who bought 8 records from me about 3 months ago on Ebay. Kind of got pissed off that I had to shell out 30 bucks for shipping (which included a box for the records, tape and shipment by boat--the cheapest the p.o. offers), but the guy did pay for shipping so I cant be too mad. Besides, there was some miscommunication with us so I even included about 5 extra records for free, which undoubtedly added to the total shipping costs.....but I still felt better for doing esp. considering the long delay.

I've been on Ebay for 2-plus years now buying and selling everything from CD's to press photos I got from my old writing days. And I've done well making almost $5,000 while taking care of a pair of HUGE bills that really needed to get taken care of and buying a nice iMac G4 computer in the process. But now as I run out of things to sell (besides getting tired of selling anyway), I'm ready to say bye-bye to Ebay as I've seriously become an ADDICT. I have some old soap opera magazines (my research tells me that they do well), plenty of old baseball cards and comic books left to sell. And I wanna use whatever else I sell to buy me a new cellphone (I know which one I wanna get, too bad I'll be staying with Sprint even tho SPRINT SUCKS!!!), get me a VCR/DVD recorder so I can transfer some old video tapes to DVD and get me some new kicks (my sneaker game is getting pretty tight--WATCH OUT!).

Meredith called me tonight nagging me (again) about going to her church, not calling her to tell I was going out (she knows I dont work most Friday's so it bothered her a little bit when she called me earlier in the afternoon and I didnt pick up the phone) and how much she hates her job, then tells me how much I have her "heart"......sometimes I wonder if I have some secret neon light on my forehead that only chicks with DRAMA can see, begging them to come forward and add more strife to my already screwed-up life. I really need to check into that.

No comments: