Wednesday, August 25, 2004

Xanga Post No. 10: 08/25/04

Some things going on so I'll get right into them......
First of all, I called up Patrice on Monday but she was out. Then she called me back on Tuesday and we spoke. Turns out her cousin died and she was at the funeral when I called. Of course, this made me a little hesitant to even think about the possibility of "hooking up" sometime soon, but she seemed to be in a pretty good mood and was actually happy to hear from me (a little surprised to). Anyway we spoke for a bit, did some catching up and decided that maybe we'd try and hook up soon. She got a little heated at the idea of me coming over just for sex--tho I did try my best not to make that the gist of the conversation (of course, the SHALLOW GUY in me did think about what a "catch" a chick in mourning can be--I've been there)--but hey I am a guy, right? so dont blame me.
Also made a call to Imani on Monday. I mani is an ex-co-worker at VVA who I've stayed friends with for 3 years since she left in pretty dramtic fashion from my job. She used to be the receptionist and while at first we didnt get along at all (she can be a BITCH!!! for real, but hey, at least she can admit it), somehow we were able to find a common ground and become really good friends. Imani is also an entrepenuer--always up on some new venture whether its helping her cousin start a clothing line a couple of years ago or now trying to jumpstart an urban magazine today. And thats where yours truly comes in. Seems that Imani has found herself a partner and they've gotten funding. Therefore they're looking for writers and graphic artists. So of course, I mentioned to Imani that I was looking to get back into writing and she took me up on it and now wants me to send her some of my old clips for her and her partner to look at. She wants my clips by Thursday so I'm gonna have to throw together a package tonight so I can fax it to her tomorrow. She seems pretty gung-ho about all of this and her enthusiasm has me warming up to her ideaof an urban magazine. She was honest in saying that while I can expect to get some work, dont be on the lookout for much $$$ and thats cool b/c I'm just looking to get back out there again, not really any money...not yet anyway. Of course, there's NO WAY I'm even trying to do near the amount of "paying my dues" stuff that I did years ago in my first attempt to get in the game, but I'm defnitely looking forward to posibility writing on a consistent basis.
Lastly, Teresa called me today with some "good news". After a week plus of arguing about her getting me all hyped up to seeing her soon and then dissappointing me in the end, she told me today that she finally got to speak to the mgr. of the subsidized building she's trying to move into. The lady had a lot of paperwork to go thru (the main reason for the holdup) and had to do background checks on all of her potential renters. So today Teresa tells me that she thinks she could be moving out by the end of September at the latest. She seemed pretty elated and I cant blame her b/c she has seemed pretty genuine about moving soon (kinda ironic huh? ME complaining about someone ELSE moving out with my Black ass still chillin with pops--but hey, we're not talking about me). But yesterday Teresa also gave me the news that she'd set a date for her hip surgery and that she'd be out recuperating for like 2 to 3 months afterwards. I'm still a little pissed off about taht b/c of the all-too-calm way she told me all this and how it might effect us, but hey, what can I do? And as I keep reminding her, she cant be mad at me whining all the time about seeing her only b/c its just--I wanna see her and if it her up to me we would've been seen each other. Of course, she has a about-to-be 1yo to take care of......but still. I just wanna get it over with already to be honest. Because I may not know much, but I do know ME and as long as this "standstill" with us continues, the more I'm gonna f--k around and do shit i shouldnt be doing considering how she feels about me....but hey, I'm a GUY, right? so dont blame me!

No comments: