Wednesday, September 8, 2004

Imani & Deidra's B-day

Imani looked at my press clips and liked them so much that she wants me to be Music Editor for her publication. She and her partner want to sit down with me sometime soon to discuss more details. Normally I'd be a little excited, but since this is a new venture I might be partaking in, I'm taking a "wait-and-see" approach.

This morning I saw my ex-girlfriend Lisa online and IM'd her hi. We chatted briefly and I came to find out that she has a new boyfriend and is still trying to go back to school. Me and Lisa went out last year for about 5 months and if it wasnt for all her "baby-daddy" drama, her admitting to "not knowing how to be a girlfriend" (hey, hard to knock honesty) and a crazy episode involving us at an amusement park.....who knows what might've happened. After the incident at the park, I broke things off and for a month Lisa, literally....went BALLISTIC!!!, calling me everyday, writing me crazy e-mails, threatening to kill herself (I swear I cant make this stuff up!) and trying to do everything possible to get back together, but I wasnt having it and once she used the 'N' word a couple of times (in her e-mails) I knew there'd be no turning back. But none of that meant that I had stopped caring about her. After all, Lisa isn't totally bad and a LOT of her problems really had to do with her crazy fam (mostly her dad) and like I said before, all the drama involving a "sperm donor" who refuses to acknowledge his daughters existence even when he's in the same room as her. But Lisa is a GREAT mom who loves her daughter more then herself, she can also make u laugh and when she wants to be, she can be very caring.

So I've tried to stay friends with her but that hasnt been easy. After she finally stopped harassing me last year (she wasnt happy to find out some 3 months later that I was semi-involved with someone else), she's been pretty reluctant to remain friends, much less acquaintnces. I did find out back in February that she managed to move out, get her own place and is now working 50 hours a week at Walmart. She gave me her new number but i never called.....just never had any desire to. And now, some months later since we last chatted, she's with a new dude. Such is life I guess.....I just hope she stays alright.

This past Sunday was Deidra's 26th brithday. I gave her a call and congratulated her on everything she's accomplished in life and what an "old lady" she is now. She was taking a nap when I called and told me that she had already went out and celebrated with a couple of friends the night before. She did say that she and her on-again, off-again boyfriend of 5 years, Joe, might be going out later on that night. She starts her new job this week and already "celebrated" her new position and raise by re-installing her cable. Next month it'll be off to the Bahamas.....gotta admit to being just-a-little-bit envious of the Bahamas trip. Of course, I wont tell her that.

Later!

No comments: