Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Why Is Jennifer Hudson In "Sex and the City"?


Seriously, I used watch the series and can hardly ever recall black people being in the show, much less having any decent roles. Then too playing an 'assistant' is so obviously degrading....just a bad move (or strictly $$$ move) by Jennifer in my opinion:

Oscar winner Jennifer Hudson admits that she had not watched Sex And The City during its original run on HBO, though she was aware of it. Since being cast as character Carrie Bradshaw's assistant in the big-screen version, she has lived with all six seasons on DVD and become an avid fan.

Hudson explained: "I didn't know that much about it, I've never really watched it, so once I got called -- oh yeah -- for the audition and got sent the script that's when I fell in love with it and I started watching it from there and that's when I became addicted."

The actress and singer explained that shooting Sex And The City on the streets of New York City was a challenge after the closed sets of Dreamgirls. Hudson said: "I just did Dreamgirls and it's in a stage and there was never anyone around and if we did shoot outside it was extras that was in the scenes with us. Well here, New York was the extras. So, I had a scene coming and I think it was one of my first days, and I had to come out of the subway. And people were stopping me getting off the subway, 'Oh my God, you're Jennifer Hudson, can I get an autograph and a picture?'And I'm like, 'I'm in the middle of a scene! I'm not Jennifer right now.'"

Sex And The City reunites series regulars Sarah Jessica Parker, Cynthia Nixon, Kim Cattrall, Kristin Davis, and Chris Noth and opens in theaters on Friday, May 30th.

No comments: